Many of the frequently answered questions can be found on this page. If your question isn’t here please email us at email@example.com during normal working hours. We will try to respond within 24 hours, during normal working days.
We are now open for registration!
Do so quickly to take advantage of our great offer: a free ticket to Bestival for volunteering at Camp Bestival!
This offer expires on May 31st, 2018 or when space fill (whichever comes first) so be sure to apply right away!
Firstly you will need to be 18. As you will be serving alcohol this is a legal requirement.
Although previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous no experience is necessary to apply with Festival Volunteer. Our experienced bar managers will give all volunteers full training before starting your first shift.
1. You will also need to pay a refundable* security deposit of £170 plus booking fee of £12.50 (the booking fee is non-refundable), so you will need to be in possession of a valid credit or debit card with at least six months validity. We accept VISA, VISA debit and MasterCard.
2. You will need to upload Photo ID (Driving License or Passport). This is to verify your identity and will not be stored once it has been verified. All of your data is protected by the Data Protection Act
3. You will also need to upload a clear photo/headshot of yourself. Please ensure this is a current photo and is not a group shot - we need to be able to clearly see your face as it will be used for identification purposes. A selfie is fine, but this cannot be the same photo used for your government ID.
*deposits are refunded in accordance with the Deposit Refund Policy. The £12.50 administration fee is non-refundable.
In exchange for entry to the festival you will be required to work 2 x 6-9 hour shifts. Please note you cannot work two shifts on one day.
We will always try to keep you with your friends but we do have a requirement for certain numbers on certain bars so may split large groups into couples/threes etc.
If it does turn out that you don’t end up working together, festivals are a great place to meet new people and make new friends!
1. Once you have filled out the registration form, uploaded your ID and photo/head shot successfully and placed a deposit, you will be provisionally reserved a place.
2. At this point we will review your application within 1-2 weeks and let you know if your application has been successful. If you apply very close to a festival date, we will do our best to respond much sooner.
3. We will then contact you by phone or email to assign you your shifts.
4. Your information fact-sheet will be sent out by email with a guide as to how to arrive at the festival and get your wristbands, along with details about how to ensure you get your deposit refund.
If you are not accepted to work your deposit + booking fee will be fully refunded.
Registration close dates will be specific for each event, but it’s typically 2 weeks before the festival date or once all the allocations have been filled.
In some circumstances applications may be open up till 5 days before the festival opens.
Registration for our special offer for a free ticket to Bestival for volunteering at Camp Bestival will close on March 31, 2018 or once all the spots have been filled.
In order to confirm your shifts with Festival Volunteer you need to pay a refundable security deposit. It is a requirement by the festivals we work with as it acts as insurance for your event entry wristband and that everyone who commits to volunteering will turn up and participate.
The fee is split as £170 deposit + a non-refundable £12.50 booking fee – Total: £182.50.
The booking fee covers the cost of the credit/debit card charges and the administration of this website and booking system.
You only have to pay one deposit and can then sign up for as many of Festival Volunteer events as you like.
If you complete your shifts in compliance with the Deposit Refund Policy you will be entitled to a full refund of £170.
Please read the Deposit Refund Policy carefully and note that cancelling your shifts within certain time-frames may incur a cancellation fee.
It is a necessary requirement for you to pay the deposit and you cannot volunteer on this scheme without it, sorry.
You can use the same card to pay for multiple deposits, but you will need to create separate applications. You can also use third party cards to pay your deposit as long as you have the card payers' permission.
We accept VISA, VISA Debit, and MasterCard. The card will need to have at least 6 months validity so we can return the deposit to the same card.
The deposit will be refunded back on to the card you use for the initial payment and will not be done by any other method.
No. One deposit will automatically be carried over until you have worked the last festival you have applied for. You can apply for as many festivals as you like when you register. Once you have finished working your final festival you can request a refund (see question below).
If we approve your application that is an acceptance of your attendance at all the festivals you express interest in working.
If you chose to cancel any one festival you must advise us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and the same cancellation procedures and policy apply as if you were cancelling your entire application with Festival Volunteer.
After you have completed your shifts in compliance with our Deposit Refund Policy you can request your refund by emailing email@example.com with:
Subject line ‘Deposit Refund’
• Your full name
• Email address you used for your registration
• Date of Birth
• Event(s) you have worked
Refunds will be processed within 14 working days.
Alternatively you can ‘roll over’ your deposit to be used for the next festival, simply let us know and we’ll book you in and then you can request a refund after the last festival you complete.
Should your circumstances change you are able to cancel your shifts and receive your deposit back in full minus the administrative fee. However, failure to cancel your shifts within 14 days of the event starting means you will forfeit some if not all of your deposit. The deadlines are set out below:
• Cancellation up to 14 days before the first day of the event = FULL REFUND less the booking fee.
• Cancellation anytime between 14 days and 48 hours before the first day of the event = £75 CANCELLATION FEE plus the booking fee.
• Cancellation within 48 hours of the first day of the event = FOREFIT FULL DEPOSIT plus the booking fee.
All cancellations must be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Cancelation'
The information fact-sheet will be emailed to you before the event.
You will not be sent tickets or wristbands in advance of the festival, you will be given them on site as part of the accreditation process.
Please plan your own transportation to the festival.
You will be given a free camping pass, and in some instances (festival dependant) a parking pass.
Accreditation is the process of verifying your identity, certifying your right to volunteer on site, and giving you your festival wristbands and if applicable, parking passes. You will need to bring a valid form of government ID to site in order to complete this process.
This process can take a few minutes per person, so at peak times expect to wait in a queue to go through this with all the other volunteers.
All volunteers must go through accreditation to enter the festival sites. You will not be allowed to enter site or volunteer if you do not complete this step.
Accreditation will be open a day before the festival opens and open for a limited time on the first day of the festival. Thereafter there will no entries to the festival site as a volunteer.
You will be expected to make your own way to the festival. There are various car share forums and social media pages that you can use to help you get to the festival – check the festival’s website for links and also our Facebook page.
You must leave enough time to arrive before your first shift, so plan to arrive the night before the festival opening day.
You will need to find the Festival Volunteer accreditation point to sign in, meet the staffing team and receive your festival wristband (you will not be sent this in advance of the festival.) The exact location of the accreditation point will be noted in the factsheet that is emailed out to you.
Accreditation opening times will also be confirmed in the factsheet via email prior to the event.
If you arrive after the accreditation has closed you will not be granted access to the festival site.
You will be given your meal voucher when you arrive on your bar to work. Keep them safe as they cannot be replaced if lost.
You will be given your free drinks at the end of your shift when you have been signed out and then you can go and enjoy the festival!
No, you can wear whatever you wish but please remember to wear clothes appropriate to working behind a bar. This will need to be in line with our Company Health and Safety Policy meaning tops must be worn at all times and no open toe shoes. If you do choose to wear fancy dress you need to ensure that your costume does not impeded your ability to carry out the job. You are not allowed to have a bag on you while you work, you will need to need to leave this locked up with us during your shift. You also may not have any cash on your person during your shift, so please do not bring any with you to the bar!
• Proof of age and identification. We will accept passports, driving licence or any ID with the PASS logo
(This ID does not necessarily need to match the one you uploaded on your application, but you must bring along one of the 3 types listed here)
• A tent!
• Sleeping bag and a ground mat
• Appropriate clothing - remember to bring warm clothes as well as summer ones
• Waterproofs - hey! it is the UK after all...
• Toilet roll
• Secure bag to store your passport/ money/ keys etc.
• Toiletries… especially your toothbrush and toothpaste! Baby wipes are always useful.
You are still welcome to volunteer if you will be 18 years of age by the start of the festival.
Festival Volunteer is operated by Peppermint Bars who also have paid shifts at some festivals. To apply please visit our staffing partner HAP