TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Deposit Refund Policy
- By registering online you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, you are stating that you understand and are aware of our Deposit Refund Policy, outlined by the points below.
- Please note these rules are required by Health and Safety officials, government licensing regulation and the festival organisers and are in place so we can run a safe, honest and professional operation which continues to maintain our good standing in the festival community.
You must meet the following criteria in order to receive a refund of your deposit:
- You must be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the event. If you apply but will not be 18 years of age by the first day of the event, then your application will be declined and your deposit refunded. You will however lose your booking fee.
- You must arrive the evening before your first shift, to allow enough time for accreditation, setup camp, registering with the staffing manager, an licensing training and to navigate site to the bar you will be working at. Don’t forget that everyone else will be driving/taking the train to the festival so plan your travel time accordingly.
- You will not be able to gain access to the festival without going through accreditation.
- If you have not cancelled your involvement within 48 hours of the event or do not show up, you will lose your full deposit.
- You must complete the two shifts that have been allocated to you over the weekend. These will be between 6-9 hours dependent upon the bar you’re working on and the crowd demand. Due to health and safety we cannot allow for you to do your two shifts on the same day.
- We have a record of every volunteer’s shifts and will be made aware if you fail to turn up, after you have been accredited. Should you choose not to go to your allocated shifts you will be unable to attend any future Festival Volunteer events or those of our sister companies. Your name will also be passed on to the event organisers.
- It is your responsibility to make sure you have been correctly signed in and out at the beginning and end of your shift, and approved by your bar manager. There needs to be a record of your shift completion before we can refund your deposit. Your signature is required, not that of the bar manager’s.
- You must arrive at your allocated bar in good time prior to your start time, we suggest 30 mins before your shift start time.
- Whilst there is no set uniform for volunteers you must wear appropriate footwear whilst working behind the bar – no bare feet or open toed shoes. You must wear a top behind the bar at all times. You are allowed to wear fancy dress providing it does not prohibit you working and meets with our health and safety policy.
- You must arrive in a fit state to work. You must not be drunk or under the influence of drugs. You are expressly forbidden to consume alcohol or drugs whilst on shift. Management reserve the right to remove you from the working environment should you be found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and face being removed from the festival site. You will not be allowed to work at any future Festival Volunteer events or those of our sister companies and you will lose your full deposit.
- If you are unable to attend the event due to illness – a dated doctor’s note must be provided stating you are unfit to attend. St John’s ambulance, a local surgery, qualified GP or a paramedic are the only authorities permitted to produce this document stating you are unfit to volunteer. Failure to provide this will mean you lose your full deposit.
- Should you become ill or inhibited in any way by injury or a medical condition after you have been accredited at the festival, you must make a member of the Festival Volunteer staffing team aware immediately and you must see a site medic accompanied by a Festival Volunteer staffing team member. If you do not see a site medic accompanied by a Festival Volunteer team member, you will lose your full deposit.
- Should you become ill or injured during your shift, you will be escorted by a member of the Festival Volunteer team to the medic tent to ensure you are cared for. If you do not see a site medic in the presence of our team members, you will lose your full deposit.
- Being unfit for work due to the consumption of drugs or alcohol is not considered sickness.
- Peppermint Bars and Festival Volunteer policy dictates that no money should be on your person during your shifts (your debit or credit cards are fine to have on you!) Any person found to be stealing money or stock – which includes giving away free drinks – will be removed from site immediately. This is considered gross misconduct and Festival Volunteer will refer the case to the police. You will not be allowed to attend future Festival Volunteer events or those of our sister companies.
- Festival Volunteer works with Peppermint Bars to conduct a random stop and search policy on both its volunteers and paid staff. This has been proven to deter theft from the company and its employees.
- During your shift a representative of the company – of the same sex – may conduct a search of you, your clothing, any bags you may have with you and if we see fit your tent or vehicle for the purpose of ensuring that no property belonging to the Company or any of its employees is unlawfully removed from an event site. Any refusal to agree to a search when asked will be viewed as misconduct leading to dismissal. You will forfeit your deposit and not be allowed to apply to work any future Festival Volunteer events or any of those of our sister companies.
- It is agreed that conduct of this search does not indicate suspicion or allegation of any wrongful conduct.
- Festival Volunteer retains the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
Late Cancellation Fees
Should your circumstances change you are able to cancel your shifts and receive your deposit back in full, minus the £12.50 administrative fee. However failure to cancel your shifts within 14 days of the event starting means you will forfeit some if not all of your deposit. The deadlines are set out below:
- Cancellation up to 14 days before the first day of the event = you will receive a FULL REFUND less the booking fee.
- Cancellation anytime between 14 days and 48 hours before the first day of the event = £75 CANCELLATION FEE plus the booking fee will be retained.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the first day of the event = FORFEIT FULL DEPOSIT plus booking fee
All cancellations must be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Cancelation’
Deposit Refund Procedure
You can request your deposit back by emailing email@example.com with the subject line ‘Deposit Refund’. You should only do this after the last event you have applied to work at has passed.
Subject line ‘Deposit Refund’
• Your full name
• Email address you used for your registration
• Date of Birth
• Event(s) you have worked
Refunds will be processed within 14 working days.
Due to bank processing times, funds may take up to 14 business days to arrive back into your account.
Any other questions? Check out the FAQ’s section