Love the summer? Love festivals?
Festival Volunteer gives you access to the UK’s greatest festivals for free!
In exchange for two short shifts behind the bar (full training given) you will get a full weekend festival ticket plus we’ll throw in 2 free drinks and a free meal, per shift. This is a great opportunity to get involved, see some great live music and become part of our festival community!
All of the information you need is here and on our FAQ’s page or our Facebook page. If your question isn’t here please email us at email@example.com during normal working hours. We will try to respond within 24 hours on weekdays.
So how does it work?
- Register your details with us on this website and upload photo ID + a clear head shot
- Place a refundable* deposit of £170 + £12.50 booking fee (the booking fee is non-refundable)
- Work 2 x 6-9 hour shifts over the festival weekend
- That’s it!
You can then request to refund your deposit (assuming you have turned up for both of your shifts and have met the Deposit Refund Policy terms and conditions) or you can choose to ‘roll’ your deposit onto the next festival.
Want to get started? Read on…
STEP 1: Register Your Details & Place Your Refundable* Deposit of £170 + £12.50 Non-Refundable Booking Fee
- You will need to register your details with us online and place a deposit. Please note that if you are an existing member from previous years, you will need to re-register. Please add the email firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list as most communication will come from this email address.
- Unlike previous years, this system will simply register your information including your photo ID and a clear head shot and take your deposit. At this point a provisional place will be reserved for you, this is not a guarantee of your acceptance.
- You can express interest in a specific festival, but unlike previous years you will not be able to select shifts online.
- Once you have registered, we will review your application and a member of the staffing team will contact you within 1-2 weeks to confirm your place. Once this is done you will be confirmed to work all the festivals you have shown interest in.
- Nearer the event you will be contacted by phone or email to be allocated your shifts, and you will be sent by email your pre-event information sheet.
STEP 2: Go to the Festival and Complete Your Shifts
- You will need to make your own way to the festival as a normal ticket holder would.
- All the information will be sent to you on a fact-sheet emailed before the event. Once you arrive, you will need to make your way to the Festival Volunteer accreditation point where you will be met by a member of the Festival Volunteer staffing team to give you your wristband(s). You must arrive the night before your first shift to allow enough time for accreditation and to setup camp.
- Turn up for your shift at your designated meeting point 30 minutes before you’re due to start work. It is your responsibility to make sure that you are signed in and signed out of both of your shifts by your bar manager – failure to do so will mean you will not receive your deposit refund. Once you have completed your shift, all there is left to do is collect your free drinks and enjoy the festival!
- There are conditions that must be met, such as turning up to work sober, wearing appropriate clothing and turning up on time for your shift. These are the conditions of the Deposit Refund Policy – please read them well.
STEP 3: Request Your Deposit Refund
After you have completed your shifts in compliance with our Deposit Refund Policy you can request your refund by emailing email@example.com with the subject line ‘Deposit Refund’ and:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Event(s) you have worked
Refunds will be processed within 14 working days.
Alternatively, you can ‘roll over’ your deposit to be used for the next festival, simply let us know and we’ll book you in. You can request a refund after the last festival you complete.
*subject to the Deposit Refund Policy
Who runs Festival Volunteer?
Festival Volunteer is run by Peppermint Bars – the UK’s leading festival bar operator.
More questions? Check out our FAQ’s page